We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than we have to consume wealth without producing it.
- If you want happiness for an hour have a nap.
If you want happiness for a day go fishing.
If you want happiness for a lifetime help someone else.
- Happiness consists of being interested in something. it does not much matter what.
- There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
- Youth is not a time of life – it is a state of mind. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. General MacArthur
- Kind words are the music of this world. There is hardly a power on earth equal to them.
It is by voice and words that men influence each other. Happiness and kindness go together.
The double rewards of kind words is the happiness they cause in others
and the happiness they cause in ourselves. F. W. Faber
- We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.
- I have already had enough happiness for two lives. Sue’s monk
- In the pursuit of happiness half the world is on the wrong scent. They think it consists in having and getting, and in being served by others. Happiness is really found in giving and in serving others. Henry Drummond (1851 – 1897)
- If you had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?
- Laugh and the world laughs with you,
Weep and you weep alone;
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has troubles enough of its own. Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved – loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves – Victor Hugo
- Four things come not back: the spoken word, the sped arrow, time past, the neglected opportunity.
- Do not think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains.
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
- There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere.
- When life seems just a dreary grind,
And things seem fated to annoy,
Say something nice to someone else
And watch the world light up with joy.
- Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
- Take time to be friendly – it is the road to happiness
Take time to dream – it is hitching your wagon to a star
Take time to love and be loved – it is the privilege of the Gods
Take time to look around – it is too short a day to be selfish
Take time to laugh – it is the music of the soul.
- A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
- Retirement = twice as much other half on half as much money.
- Happiness comes through doors you didn’t know you left open.
- To be happy – Free your heart from hatred. Free your mind from worries. Live simply. Give more. Expect less.
- Time that one enjoys to waste is NOT wasted time.
- One of the most beautiful things is to see someone smiling…. and even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason b
- Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.
- Smile a while and while you smile, smile another smile, and soon there will be miles and miles of smile just because you smiled.
- ‘Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.” Anthony J. D’Angelo