People who believe in God never meet for the last time
- It isn’t the problem that determines our destiny, it’s how we respond.
- When you’re down to nothing, God is up to something.
- In the end it is not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years.
- If you love life, life will love you back.
- ‘People who believe in God never meet for the last time’. Robin Oake 25th January 2003 (At funeral of his son DC Stephen Oake)
- Day is done, gone the sun
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky.
Safely rest, all is well!
God is nigh.
- There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. Edith Wharton
- Growing old is not so bad when you consider the alternatives.
- You can keep going long after you think you can’t.
- God doesn’t give you the people you want; He gives you the people you NEED… to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
- ‘Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult.’
- One of the hardest things to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- Optimism can take you anywhere
- Don’t say ‘I am blind. Help’ rather say ‘It is a beautiful and I can’t see it’
- Grace is when God gives us what we don’t deserve,
and mercy is when God doesn’t give us what we do deserve.
- “If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein
- Coincidences are God’s way of remaining anonymous
- “Don’t worry about yesterday, you can’t do anything about that, it’s history – and don’t think about tomorrow, you might “wake up” dead – just be determined to survive and live through this particular day – each day”! Fergus Anckorn survivor for 3.5 years in captivity on Burma Railway
- The most precious things in life cannot be built by hand, or bought by man.